On Tuesday, May 7th, The Community Foundation of East Alabama presented checks to all the Opelika Giving Day non-profits that benefitted from being a part of the first annual online giving event that was held May 1. The checks represented a total of $30,775.00 raised.
The non-profits were:
- Arts Association of East Alabama represented by Phillip Preston and Petrina Maher;
- Creekline Trails of Opelika, Shealy and Rocky Langley;
- Exodus Ranch, Shelly Tufts;
- Southside Center, Tom Tippett;
- Circles Opelika, Regina Meadows; Harvest Evangelism, John Jenkins;
- East Alabama Youth for Christ, Drew Crowson;
- O’Grows, Susan and Sean Forbes;
- Haddie’s Home, Gina Allen, Anita Smith, Kami Billingslea, Melanie Cadenhead; not pictured
- The Way 2 Serve; and from the Community Foundation, Debbie Allen, Shirley Lazenby, and Barbara Patton.